Monday, January 25, 2010

PVC pipe

In October it rained a ton here in Atlanta. Our crawl space under our house flooded and ruined our furnace. We got a new furnace and had a sub pump installed to pump the water out if it happened again. Well the pump kicked in yesterday. My god is that thing loud. It scared the dog and everyone else when it came on. You could hear it up stairs. We are glad the pump is working. The problem is that it pumps the water about a foot from the entrance to the crawl space. Meaning, the water goes right back in again. Today I got to go to Home depot, with a list from Jay, to get pipe to get the water to the driveway. I measured the pipe, 1 1/2 inch from outside the pipe. I go to home depot and long story short, end up with pipe that is too big. Turns out the pipe is 1 1/4 on the inside. But it worked anyway. So now the side of our house has 20 feet of pvc piping sticking out of it. Jay says he will run it under ground. My question is when?

1 comment:

susan said...

Just about as quick as my bathroom got finished!