Saturday, February 28, 2009

8 Tuff Miles...the Results

The race is over! I have to say it was a lot of fun!
We were at the start by the National Park dock at 6:30 for a 7:15 start. Before the race started there was the Virgin Islands Anthem, the National Anthem, and a fly over! They had a Coast Guard helicoptor do a fly over over the start. Off we went!
David, Bridget's boyfriend, started at the front and finished way before us. It took him 1 hour and 10 minutes-79th place. Bridget finished in 1 hour 30 minutes-127th place and I finished in 1 hour 49 minutes-205th place. I made it in under 2 hours. I might not be able to walk for the next few days but I finished!



Here we are approaching water station 1...also known as the Pond Bay water station. Jay and the kids were there handing out water with Heather and a bunch of Pond Bay folks.


The finishers!


We made it!

See you all next year!
If you want to see all the results click here

No comments: