Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Updates

It seems like our house has a revolving door, or at least the island does. Mary, John and Janie left last Saturday, the 27th. We had a great visit with them and can't wait to see them again. A bunch of loads of laundry, no electricity in the kitchen, and no propane, the Grays show up, the 30th. The propane and electricity story first.

We ran out of propane which is totally normal but they are having trouble getting propane tanks on the island. Here is the full story on the propane. http://www.onepaper.com/stjohnvi/?v=d&i=&s=News:Local&p=1223613538
As for the electricity, the electrician came out on Tuesday and fixed it. One hour later we still do not have any lights that work in the kitchen. 2/3 of our house is dark. It makes cooking after 5 kinda hard.

Back to the Grays. We have been busy with them going to the beach, going boating and have a great time. They are here until Sunday.

My Dad, Terri, and Alex came in today so the kids and I went to St. Thomas to get them. They are here until Wednesday. I know we will be hitting the beaches and having a great time.

School starts on Wednesday. They have been putting new floors in my room. They are suppose to be done by Monday. We will see. I will be lucky if they will be done by Wednesday. Why you ask do I think that? Well my principal volunteered to come in and help me put my room back together. That is never a good sign!

The Pond Bay Model is finished. They finished it on the 23rd of December. It looks fabulous. I will put up some pictures of the finished model, maybe after all of our visitors leave.

No comments: