Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gold Mine

On Sunday we were picking up the kids from Sunday School and as we drove past the dumpster I saw this bag outside of it. Jay had to stop at the gas station so I ran across the street to see what it was. I scored a whole bag of christmas decorations, lights, ribbons, gift tags and two floats! Sunday night, at a different dumpster I scored 2 plastic storage containers for school. I hit the dumpster jackpot on Sunday!

For those of you who might not know about this tradition...people put things outside of the dumpster that someone else might find use out of, like our old couches!

2 comments:

susan said...

We call that "Dumpster Diving"

nkucera said...

Good job! A common occurrence in NYC - just put the stuff on the sidewalk and it quickly disappears. Love the boat, by the way. Ours in Miami is similar - great for fishing (which we like) and just boating around. Can also be used for skiing - that is super!